Veteran Stony Brook, NY Real Estate Attorneys Give Personal Attention to Your Transactions
Negotiating agreements and litigating contract breaches throughout Long Island
Buying and selling property can be stressful. Whether you are purchasing your first home or you require counsel negotiating a professional transaction, New York real estate transactions may test your patience. The real estate team at Glynn Mercep and Purcell, LLP has handled negotiations, transactions, purchase agreements, closings, corporate leases and lawsuits for nearly 40 years. Our reputation as a legal authority is built on decades in the industry, professional publications and word-of-mouth from satisfied clients.
Offering attentive, thorough legal counsel
- Exceptionally knowledgeable — As a contributing writer of Warren’s Weed New York Law of Real Property, attorney Anthony Mercep literally “wrote the book” on purchases and sales.
- Values-driven approach — We pride ourselves on our reputation for ethics. All of our real estate lawyers are AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® or BV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®.
- Individual attention — We make the time to get to know you and then tailor our services to your needs.
Full-service real estate team addressing your needs
Finding the right location for the right price on Long Island is a challenge. To make sure your transaction proceeds smoothly, you want to engage a firm that you can count on as your guide and advocate from the earliest stages of the transaction through the closing process. Over the decades, we have engaged in thousands of real estate transactions. We have even owned and operated a title company, so we have insider knowledge on solving title problems.
Among our services, we handle the following issues for residential and commercial real estate:
Our firm serves a diverse mix of businesses, organizations and individuals from across Long Island. We manage both residential and nonresidential property transactions with close attention to the smallest details, such as:
- Residences — Whether you are a first-time buyer of a starter home or you have multiple residences, we make sure that you know what you are signing, and help you avoid pitfalls. If you come across unexpected issues, you can count on our legal know-how to make your case.
- Relocations — We give special attention and guidance to corporate relocation clients. Your move to the area may have come up hastily, so you need an experienced and reputable attorney who knows the market and can explain it to transplants. For more than 30 years, our lawyers have welcomed the newest members of our community from around the world to Long Island.
- Corporate clients — We negotiate complex contracts and draft lease agreements. And when disputes arise, we also provide aggressive litigation.
- Developers — People who buy and sell property for a living have specific goals for their property transactions. Our considerable experience with these kinds of transactions results in quicker, smoother closings. We handle all real estate transactions with attention to each and every detail.
We have answers if you’re purchasing your first home
We focus on representing first-time buyers. We take the time to explain the process in detail and answer any questions you may have, from the home inspection, to mortgage financing, to the closing. Our legal team will walk you through the entire process, from making an initial offer to being handed the keys at the closing.
If you have been through the home-buying process before, you should be aware that laws change over time or may be obsolete or different, especially if you are coming from outside of New York. We take the time to explain these changes or differences.
Contact Stony Brook’s own authority on real estate to learn more
The accomplished legal team at Glynn Mercep and Purcell, LLP provides you with sound counsel for your personal and professional real estate transactions and litigation. Contact us online or by calling 631.751.5757 to set up an appointment. We have offices in Stony Brook and Hauppauge and offer the kind of flexible hours that real estate transactions often require.